The position entails installing, upgrading and maintaining internal systems (servers and workstations).
PRIMARY/ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
The list of primary job responsibilities may not be exhaustive.
- Provides Superior Customer service
- Understand the client’s needs and goals
- Produces results that exceed expectations
- Demonstrates personal accountability for his/her work
- Installs, maintains and troubleshoots internal Windows systems
- Manages Cisco ASA Firewall – Creating ACLS, Configuring Site-to-Site Connections and Cisco Updates
- Maintains network user accounts and emails accounts
- Implements a plan and action to maintain and test the backup solution for disaster recovery and file recovery
- Develops user procedures for use with various systems, and instructs system users
- Interacts with outside hardware and software vendors for upgrades and services
- Resolves user questions regarding difficulties with system services
- Maintains detailed logs and documentation related to system changes
- Collaborate with other departments on the installation of enterprise software and tests, maintain, and coordinate any software modifications
- Assists with installation, upgrades and maintenance for Windows based workstations
- Troubleshoots issues with server and desktop systems, including hardware and software related problems.
- Acts as a technical resource in assisting users to resolve problems with equipment and data
- Assists with planning, design, research and acquisition of new or upgraded hardware and software systems
- Availability after hours (including weekends) for the occasional end-user support and/or server maintenance, upgrade and installation
- Assists with network and security recommendation and modifications
- Maintains Leading-edge knowledge
- Understands and implements best practices
- Facilitates creativity, innovation and critical thinking
- Demonstrates competence in her/his work
- Works as a team, investing in one another by sharing what he/she learns and knows
- Collaborates to incorporate and enhance the unique contributions of each team member
- Communicates in a positive, effective and caring manner
- Establishes and maintains strong working relationships
- Works efficiently, while being timely, thorough, accurate and complete
- Demonstrates integrity and ethical behavior that is consistently compliant
- Protects the resources and information of the company and our clients
- Adapts to change
PHYSICAL / MENTAL DEMANDS, ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the primary essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions, recognizing that ARM must work within the limitations established by the client when working on-site.
Telephone; FAX machine, calculator/adding machine, computer, monitor, printer, hardware and software packages, computer peripheral equipment i.e. mouse and keyboard; and Microsoft software (includes Excel).
- Maintains compliance with regulations and laws applicable to job.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Able to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing.
- Utilizes a variety of strategies or approaches to communicate effectively with others.
- Able to explain priorities
- Able to prioritize multiple tasks
Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent preferred, but not required
- Minimum 5 Years’ Experience
- VMWARE 5.0 TO 5.1 - 2 years experience
- Windows 2008, including Active Directory, DHS, DHCP and File Sharing
- Have A certification in at least one for the following: MOUS,MCP, or MCSE certifications.
- Cisco Networking with an emphasis with ASA Firewalls
- Knowledgeable in VMWarevSphere 4.0
- Dell Equal Logic SAN Knowledge
- Backup Exec 2010
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 / Blackberry Enterprise Server Express
- Microsoft Remote Desktop Services
- Windows XP Professional and Windows 7 Professional
- Windows Server Update Services